Allen Toussaint- The Bright Mississippi (2009) ****
v/a- The Legend: Augustus Pablo & Friends (1980) ***1/2
The Everly Brothers- A Date With...(1960) ****
ZZ Top- Tejas (1977) **1/2
Robert Palmer- Sneakin' Sally Through The Alley (1974) ****
Carlos Santana- Blues For Salvador (1987) ***
Marvin Gaye- Let's Get it On (1973) ***1/2
Thin Lizzy- Jailbreak (1976) ****
ZZ Top- Rio Grande Mud (1972) ***1/2
Todd Rundgren- A Wizard/A True Star (1973) ****1/2
The Cramps- Gravest Gravy (1977/2026) ***
v/a - Jagged Time Lapse Volume Two (2000) ***
Friday, August 21, 2026
8/20/2026
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8/20/2026
Allen Toussaint- The Bright Mississippi (2009) **** v/a- The Legend: Augustus Pablo & Friends (1980) ***1/2 The Everly Brothers- A Date ...
-
Harry Connick Jr.- Lofty's Roach Souffle- ***1/2 (Good record, if a bit long. But it pays off big time with the last song.) Jimmy Wither...
-
Iron And Wine- Light Verse (Twice, Back To Back) (The ultimate test, playing it over again once it finished. Love it more.) Tom Waits- Rain ...
-
John Boutte- Boutte Call (Personal Playlist) (Great performance at The Bitter End on Saturday night. A rare NYC visit for Mr. Boutte, I had ...
4 comments:
Todd's A Wizzard and 10CC's Sheet Music are just wonderful, creative and a little off center in the best possible way.
I wasn't familiar with Carlos Santana - Blues For Salvador before your mention. Greatly enjoyed todays listen of it.
I recently saw Carlos on tour. While he now sits for most of the show (exhibiting the Biden shuffle when he does ambulate) he sure can still rock and run around his guitar.
P'cola Gerry
It’s a strange record. It’s actually Santana outtakes and leftovers that Carlos dressed up. When bought it in 1987, I didn’t know that. I just dug it. But now that I know, I can hear it. Still some great playing.
Just upgraded my stylus and A Wizard is on its way to the house. Had that album when it was first released and still vividly recall his phantom potus run.
Post a Comment