Paul Simon- There Goes Rhymin' Simon (1973) ****
Todd Rundgren- Runt. The Ballad Of Todd Rundgren (1971) ****
Jeff Beck- Truth (1968) ****
Earl Sixteen- Showcase (1985) **1/2
Dent May- The Big One (2026) **1/2
10cc- Sheet Music (1974) ****
Lindsey Buckingham- Out Of The Cradle (1992) ****
James McCartney- Me (2013) ***1/2
Steve Miller Band- Personal Playlist (2025) ****
Abba- Personal Playlist (2026) ****
• I picked up a small collection yesterday, about 40-50 records, and a 2017 repress of "Rhymin' Simon" was part of it. I am blown away by the sound of this pressing. Best I've ever heard this record. It's this one, for you vinyl lovers.
• 10cc's "Sheet Music" is a true work of genius. But would "Hotel" and "Oh Effendi" ever get released in today's PC world?
1 comment:
Few people have enjoyed a run like Paul Simon for 22 years: Bookends, Bridge, Greatest Hits (all S&G), Paul Simon, Rhymin' Simon, Still Crazy, Greatest Hits etc., Hearts & Bones, Graceland and Rhythm of the Saints. The only minor stumble is the soundtrack One-Trick Pony. Twenty two years of excellent to all-time classic music. Consistent, yes. But consistently brilliant is something else.
Post a Comment