The Womack Sisters- S/T (2026) ***
Jon Batiste- Black Mozart (2026) ****
Bob Marley & The Wailers- Uprising (1980) ****
The Harvey Averne Dozen- S/T (1969) ***1/2
King Crimson- Discipline: Steven Wilson Remix (1981/2022) ****
Adrian Belew- Inner Revolution (1992) ****
The B-52's- Ancient Culture: Mesopotamia Revisited, Disc 1 (1982/2026) ****
The Lemon Twigs- Look For Your Mind! (2026) ****
Aimee Mann- Whatever (1993) ****
Cheap Trick- S/T (1977) ****
Todd Rundgren- Red Bank, NJ: 8/12/2026 (2026) ****
• The Womack Sisters started off strong, then fizzled into another all style/no substance Daptone record.
• In a Belew mood after getting tickets to the BEAT tour, now with Terry Bozzio on board!
• Really liked "Mesopotamia" when it was released and I hadn't thought about it in years. This new expanded set is terrific. The addition of the lost tracks to the original set is a plus. Normally I wouldn't care about a live disc, but I happened to be at the Roseland show that is included. Good souvenir.
• Wow! That Aimee Mann record sounded better than ever. It's been ages since I played it. Still love "Bachelor No. 2" more, but this is right up there. I also have a great Aimee/XTC story that I might share at the other place next week.
5 comments:
Whatever, I’m With Stupid, and Bachelor No. 2 are all excellent albums. They are in occasional rotation here.
- Paul in DK
Agree. Lost in Space and The Forgotten Arm I think are part of her imperial phase, as well. Add ‘Til Tuesday’s Everything’s Different Now and that’s an impressive six album run. Thanks for reminding me. Hope you and yours have a wonderful weekend :)
Remembering how much I played Magnolia upon its release - until Bachelor No. 2, when it fell by the wayside. Wonderful album. And 2004’s Live at St. Ann’s Warehouse makes an excellent review of this time.
Thanks for this :)
Looking forward to the Aimee / XTC story!
Whatever and Bachelor #2 are very good, but for my money it's I'm With Stupid.
Post a Comment