Saturday, August 1, 2026

7/31/2026

Fairport Convention- Unhalfbricking (1969) ****

Twin Temple- God Is Dead (2023) ****

The Cleaners From Venus- Beryl & Rush Go Shopping (2026) **1/2

Rush- 2112 (1976) ***1/2

Paul Weller- Sonik Kicks (2012) ****

10cc- The Original Soundtrack (1975) ****

Rush- Counterparts (1993) ****

The Kinks- Soap Opera (1975) ****


Aerosmith- S/T: 2024 Mix (1973/2026) ****

David Bowie- Cracked Actor: Live Los Angeles '74 (2017) ****






 

 

 

• I'd been reading about Twin Temple, Satan worshippers who got kicked off the Charley Crockett tour for their occult imagery but then were invited by Jack White to open for him. I hadn't heard any of their music until Ken D tipped me off. What a great surprise! Think The Ronettes, The Crystals and Lesley Gore singing about the devil. It works! 

• Saw Rush at Madison Square Garden last night, so there will be another Rush mini-binge this weekend. A fantastic show, by the way. Anika Nilles is the real deal.

• As for "Counterparts," I always thought this was a solid rock album, but loses its way in the middle. I removed "Nobody's Hero," "Alien Shores" and "Speed Of Love," and man did it sound good and tight. 



• "Soap Opera" gets my vote for The Kinks' most underrated record. 


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Twin Temple is truly bizarre! I just had to download "Be A Slut' for my ipod playlist - it'll go right next to Alisa's 'I Wanna Be A Prostitute'.

Randy

Michael Giltz said...

Bummed I missed the Rush show, though they never loomed large for me. My high school buddy is a super fan, flew to Texas to see them cause that's where he got tickets and had tears streaming down his face since he thought he'd never see them in concert again. He agreed the new drummer is the shit. Glad you had a great time.

Guy Incognito said...

Rush will be in Atlanta in November, and I can't wait

7/31/2026

Fairport Convention- Unhalfbricking (1969) **** Twin Temple- God Is Dead (2023) **** The Cleaners From Venus- Beryl & Rush Go Shopping (...