Marco Benevento- Glera (2026) ***1/2
A Girl Called Eddy- Been Around (2020) ***1/2
Jefferson Airplane- Surrealistic Pillow: MONO (1967) ****
Echo & The Bunnymen- S/T (1987) ***1/2
World Party- Best In Show: Expanded (2007/2025) ****
The Who- Who's Next (1971) ****
Charli XCX- Music, Fashion, Film (2026) ****
Baby Rose- Yearnalism (2026) ***1/2
Andy Partridge- My Failed Songwriting Career: Vol. 1 (2021) ****
Rush- Clockwork Angels: Sal Edit (2012/2026) ***1/2
Jack White- Frozen Charlotte (2026) ****
Small Faces- S/T: Decca MONO (1966) ****
Motorhead- Bomber (1979) ***1/2
• The Marco Benevento record is a lot of fun, especially if you like groovy movie music from Italian films, as well as American classics like "Bullitt," "Dirty Harry," and soundtracks by Lalo Schifrin and David Shire. Good stuff.
• "Clockwork Angels" is an excellent finale to Rush's studio career, but it is too long. I found that this edit plays much better. It's still 45 minutes, though I might put back "Seven Cities of Gold."
Caravan
Bu2b
Clockwork Angels
The Anarchist
The Wreckers
Headlong Flight
The Garden
• I loved the new Jack White enough to spring for the vinyl. What an awful pressing! I can't think of one Third Man pressing that impressed me. Flat, lifeless, almost dirty sounding. "Frozen Charlotte" on my iPod sounds better.
3 comments:
Oh that's really a bummer about Third Man vinyl. I would have thought he'd do that right. Was Andy Partridge one of the kids in the Partridge Family?
That's a good edit for Clockwork Angels. I would be fine with including "Seven Cities," and would also consider "Wish Them Well."
He was the third Chris, and played tambourine with Tracy
Post a Comment