Saturday, July 25, 2026

7/24/2026

Charles Lloyd, Zakir Hussein, Eric Harland- Sangam & Friends (2026) ***

Pink Floyd- Atom Heart Mother: Side Two (1970) ***1/2

Plas Johnson- The Capitol Singles (1982) ***1/2

Todd Rundgren- Live In Beverly, MA: 7/19/2026 (2026) ****

Charli XCX- Music, Fashion, Film (2026) ****

David Bowie- Reality (2003) ****

Robyn Hitchcock- The Confuser (2026) ***

The Monkees- Pisces, Aquarius, Capricorn & Jones, Ltd.: Kevin Gray Stereo Master (1967/2025)- **** 

Faces- A Nod Is As Good As A Wink...: Kevin Gray Master (1971/2010) ****

Izzy Stradlin & The Ju Ju Hounds- S/T: Burning Wu Deluxe Edition (1992/2026) ****


 

 

 

• Do Charli XCX's records prior to this new one sound like this new one? Because, I really dug it, and it's not what I expected. Might need to investigate further. 

• The new Robyn Hitchcock has gotten raves. First pass did not keep me engaged the way his last two did. Gotta try again.

10 comments:

Dr Wu said...

Charli xcx & John Cale :: “House featuring John Cale” (2025) ::
https://youtu.be/Xgp7wlBfASA?is=e6jGi_M4xSGBExR-

Michael Giltz said...

Haven't listened to the new Charlie XCX album yet, but I think it's a new direction and sound. I gave both Crash and Brat ** 1/2 out of ****, feeling they had moments/weren't bad..but weren't quite good either. Looking forward to giving it a spin.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed “The Confuser” yesterday. Hooks and some smart lyrics. Much of “1967” didn’t do much for me and I don’t think I’ve tried “Life After Infinity”.

I also enjoyed a first listen to Brian Robertson’s rereleased “Diamonds and Dirt”. It’s a bit long at 15 songs, but a solid rock album in the vein of UFO and Bad Company. Two very good versions of Running Back.

- Paul in DK

Sal Nunziato said...

Oops! I guess the two Robyn records I was referring to were the self-titled and "Shufflemania." I don't even think I've heard "Life After Infinity."

Anonymous said...

Shufflemania is very good. Not sure I’ve tried the self-titled. There’s plenty to choose from his vast catalog. Will have a tour through the recent ones. Should be fun.

- Paul in DK

cmealha said...

You really surprised me with Charlie XCX. I've sampled her here and there in the past and the only thing that I sort of liked was 360 from BRAT. I'lll have to take a listen to the new one.

Sal Nunziato said...

As I said, I wouldn't have bothered without Cale's involvement. Even the track "House" with John Cale did little for me. But I really enjoyed this album.

cmealha said...

I listened and it sounds nothing like I heard from her previously. Wet Leg and Nine Inch Nails are apt although the latter comes to mind only because of the production choices, not the songs themselves. The producers create a really unique soundscape that was inventive and sounded fresh to me. Totally new direction for her. I'll give her props for trying something new. We'll see if it sticks

hpunch said...

I got The Confuser a couple of weeks ago. It's thoughtful when an artist who puts out their own music sends it out early to fans who pre-order. It's a grow-er. I had a similar initial reaction. Give it a few spins and it'll hit you. The Brad Jones production is as splendid as usual. Life Before Infinity is an instrumental album that I think will bore you.

Sal Nunziato said...

Second pass was so much better. "Building From the Ruins!" Jeez, that's good.

8/22/2026

John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers- A Hard Road (1967) **** Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac- Greatest Hits (1971) **** Moacir Santos- Coisa...