Monday, June 10, 2024

6/9/24

v/a- Man From Galilee: Studio One Gospel
(Eh. Stick to reggae.)

The Davis Sisters- Memories (D1)
(The NRBQ/Skeeter Davis reissue led me to this. Didn't realize Skeeter and her sister were doing close Louvin/Everly harmonies early on. Fantastic.)



Bob Marley & The Wailers- One Love At Studio One: 1964-1966
(It's hard to beat these early tracks.)


Marshall Crenshaw- S/T & Bonus E.P.
The Weeklings- 3
Love- Forever Changes

Todd Rundgren- No World Order (Personal Edit)
(Even my edit can't save this album. The boy can't rap.)

Billy Tibbals- Stay Teenage
Billy Tibbals- Nightlife Stories

(New favorite. Stay tuned.)

Pretenders- II
(I can't believe I thought I didn't like this record for 40 years!)







No comments:

9/27/24

Ornette Coleman- Virgin Beauty Link Wray- S/T David Bowie- I'm Only Dancing (The Soul Tour '74) v/a- Burning Wood's Reggae Birth...