Saturday, May 4, 2024

5/3/24

Society Of Rockets- Tough Trip Through Paradise
The Cynz- Little Miss Lost
Marshall Crenshaw- #447

Peter Harris & Firm Roots featuring Herlin Riley, Dwight Fitch Jr, Derek Douget, and Ashlin Parker -Live From The WWOZ Jazz Tent, 5/3/24
(This is one killer quintet. They hold court every Wednesday night at The Bayou Bar. Happy to catch this live set.)

The Mighty Hannibal- Hannibalism!
(Essential!)



Krasno/Moore Project- Book Of Queens
Neil Young- After The Gold Rush
The Lemon Twigs- A Dream is All We Know

Cheap Trick- The Latest
(The secret weapon of the CT catalogue! Man, this one deserves more!)





3 comments:

Shriner said...

So what did you think of my recommendations?

Sal Nunziato said...

I really liked The Cynz. Going to feature a track as a Song Of The Day. Thought the Smithereens cover was odd, but I dug the Holly/Italians cover.

I kept drifting from Society of Rockets. It felt all over the place, which is fine, except I didn't care for the singer. Not a bad singer, just not much personality. Kinda the same feeling I have about TFC.

Shriner said...

Yeah, I can see the TFC-likeness about Society of Rockets. That may have been what appealed to me about it. And I originally thought it was a bit all-over-the-place as well (I listened to in halfs the first time -- but then again once all the way through a second time before recommending it.)

Glad you liked The Cynz. I knew nothing about them, but apparently they've been around for a while!

5/16/24

iPod on Shuffle: Music In Dreamland- Be-Bop Deluxe Madness- Prince Buster Trick Bag- Robert Palmer Don't You Want Me- Glenn Tilbrook Lov...