Saturday, April 27, 2024

4/26/24

New Orleans Klezmer All-Stars- Tipish
(First album in 15 years! And it's a good one!)


Billy Nicholls- Would You Believe?
(Legendary "lost" album, though easy enough to find on CD these days. Been a while since I gave this a spin. Still great.)



St. Vincent- All Born Screaming
(First listen, pretty perfect Side One. Side Two, not so much. Still, so much better than her last. I imagine it will be a grower.)



Aerosmith- Toys In The Attic
(It caught my eye.)

Paul McCartney- McCartney
(Never gets old.)



The Beach Boys- Sounds Of Summer (2021 Stereo Mixes, Sides A, D, I & J)
(Just watched a clip of The Lemon Twigs performing an encore of "Good Vibrations" from their show on 4/25. Unreal! Put me in a Beach Boys mood.)



The Black Crowes- Happiness Bastards
(Still ain't tired of this one.)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found the new St Vincent definitely got better (and better) with repeat listens.
‘Reckless’ https://youtu.be/fIxfVno3wmI?si=MjLUnNOJzpLYDidU
Anne and I had similar record collections in the nineties. :)
Looking forward to your review, sir.
Thank you for the intro to Billy Nicholls - I really enjoyed it.

5/8/24

World Party- Dumbing Up (Probably the weakest of Wallinger's five WP albums, but it does include five of his best songs. Just that the o...