Monday, March 4, 2024

3/3/24

Julian Lage- Speak To Me
(Just wonderful! Might need to check out his earlier work.)

Little Walter- Boss Blues Harmonica
(Possibly my fave Chess blues guy. I think Mick, Keef and Ronnie's, too.)

Paul Weller- Illumination
(This is a strong record. Haven't listened in a while.)

International Submarine Band- Safe At Home (Kevin Gray MONO Master)
(This was a year before "Sweetheart Of The Rodeo," and as much as I love that Byrds record, I think I love this more.)

Gram Parsons- GP
(The ISB album took me here. Those harmonies on "Streets Of Baltimore!" Damn!)

Allen Toussaint- The Allen Toussaint Collection
(Decent enough, three-sided set. A few questionable choices and some glaring omissions.)

The Tubes- Love Bomb
(This caught me eye while putting away the Allen Toussaint. My fave Tubes record. Genius production by Todd Rundgren with a brilliant sidelong suite, banded into a nine different songs. Unfortunately, it bombed and broke the band up. Easily four hit singles on this record.)

Michael Monroe- One Man Gang
(More people need to love Michael Monroe.)

The Godfathers- Birth, School, Work, Death
(My theme song! Really, when was the last time you played this record? Turn it up!)

Echo & The Bunnymen- Songs To Learn And Sing
(If it had "Lips Like Sugar," it'd be perfect.)


1 comment:

Michael Giltz said...

One of my high school English teachers LOVED the Tubes. When I said I'd never heard of them, he said, "Giltz, your ignorance is showing!" It was said with love. Sadly, he lost his job years later for selling pot to a student. Who knew that was inappropriate?

5/7/24

Traffic- When The Eagle Flies Steve Winwood- S/T (I had a dream about buying both of those records and being really excited, as if I had fou...