Saturday, March 30, 2024

3/29/24

Frank Sinatra- A Swingin' Affair (U.K. Remaster)
(One of a number of Frank records in this recent collection I purchased. Excellent sound on this U.K. remaster. If I am not mistaken, this is my ex-business partner's fave Sinatra. It's damn swingin', that's for sure.)

Deep Purple- Machine Head (2024 Dweezil Zappa Remix)
(Not sure I approve of this Dweezil remix. It seems unnecessary. Was he given the job because his dad and Montreux? A few added effects on Gillan's voice and a new ending to "Highway Star," a bit more fuzz on the intro of "Space Truckin'" equals "so what?" I prefer the Kevin Gray master of the album proper.)


 

 

Donovan- Sunshine Superman
(Man, I love "The Trip." And I only just discovered a few years ago that Todd Rundgren's The Wheel" is pretty much just Donovan's "Ferris Wheel" rewritten.)

 

 

Scott H. Biram- The One & Only
(I have a friend who absolutely loves Biram, so I decided to give the new one a spin. Okay. It rocks occasionally. It doesn't occasionally. I can hear the appeal.)

Aerosmith- Draw The Line
(This didn't have a chance after "Rocks," but 47 years later it's one of my faves.)



 

Pete Ham- Misunderstood
(Yet another collection of Ham demos. Hit and miss like any collection of this sort, but plenty of gems. Worth your time.)

 

 

Kiss- S/T
(Everyone needs the first six albums!)



Kiss- Rock And Roll Over
(Kiss is just power pop with bigger amps and stupider lyrics. My second fave Kiss album, by the way.)


Van Halen- S/T
(It's a Sheepshead Bay Friday night. Hitting all the faves of East 19th Street. And how f**king amazing is Eddie's solo on "Ice Cream Man?")


 


 

 


1 comment:

Michael Giltz said...

I've got about nine Sinatra studio albums ranked as perfect. I'll have to give A Swingin' Affair another listen. I hate the later Sinatra's Swinging Session with its ping-pong stereo effects (it's still good, just annoying) and I think A Swingin' Affair got demoted in my head because of it. Plus, the cover is ugly. Such are the stupid things that get in my head.

KISS please.

4/29/24

Dadawah- Peace & Love Brian Eno- Before & After Science St. Vincent- All Born Screaming Pet Shop Boys- Nonetheless Alice Cooper- Wel...