Friday, March 29, 2024

3/28/24

Dion- Kickin' Child: The Lost Album 1965
(This blew me away when it first came out and it still kicks ass today.)


 

Steely Dan- The Royal Scam
(Mojo called "Sign In Stranger" one of the Dan's Top 30 songs and I'd agree. Somewhat infuriating list as they burned 5 entries on either Becker/Fagen solo tracks, or songs from the last two mediocre albums.)


 

AC/DC- Personal Playlist
(Only Bon. No Brian.)


 

Robin Trower- Twice Removed From Yesterday (50th Anniversary RM)
(You can buy the first five Trower records anywhere for a buck. No one cares, which is a shame because they all smoke, including the live album. I jumped for the recent 2 LP anniversary remaster, because if any records needed an upgrade, it's those first five Trower records. Amazing pressing with solid bonus tracks, too.)


 

Creation Rebel- Close Encounters Of The Third World
(Finally getting reissued along with two other C.R. records, today! This one is the best of the three.)




The Plugz- Better Luck
(Yeah, I know. I go on and on about The Plugz. But I love both records. When I listen, I feel like they'd appeal to everyone. But what do I know?)



No comments:

4/28/24

The Zutons- The Big Decider James Booker- The Piano Prince Of New Orleans: Live, Hamburg 1976 Bob Marley & The Wailers- African Herbsman...