Saturday, March 16, 2024

3/15/24

Miles Davis - In A Silent Way
(Each listen brings this closer to being my favorite Miles.)

Grant Green- Feelin' The Spirit
(My two favorite Grant Green records both happen to be filled with spirituals--"Sunday Mornin'" and this one.)

Nico - Chelsea Girl
(I'm having a terrible day. Usually, I'll put on something raucous like the Pixies or Motorhead to snap me out of it. For some reason, I grabbed this. Love the record but, what a mistake.)

The Saints- Eternally Yours
(Usually dig this record. But it didn't cut it today.)

David Bowie- The Metrobolist
(AKA, Tony Visconti's Vanity Project.)

Eddie Money- No Control
(Always loved Eddie Money, especially the first album. Then I saw this on Instagram, written by Dangerous Dave, lead singer and songwriter of power punks Wyldlife:
"Twilley, Seymour, Petty, Carmen...all well-earned spots in the pantheon of power pop's past. But what about Eddie Money? The guy ripped and is downright overlooked."
Well, I never thought of Eddie as power pop, but Dave suggested "No Control" and I think he may be on to something. Good record!)

Dead Boys- We Have Come For Your Children
(Speaking of power punk. Here comes the weekend.)

The Rolling Stones- Hackney Diamonds
(Gave this one a long rest. Still sounds great.)

Pixies- Surfer Rosa
(Their best! And a record that sounds like no other. This brings me back to Smash CDs on St. Mark's place. Working with Sean & Rob, who both loved this record and played it constantly.)

The Black Crowes- Happiness Bastards
(Even better the second time around.)




2 comments:

Michael Giltz said...

Still working through my Raspberries/Eric Carmen and World Party/Waterboys "This Is The Sea" celebration of their music. (Just done w Boats Against The Current and will probably rest before tackling Arkology.) Now onto the engaging Mance Lipscomb before tackling some new releases like Norah Jones and Black Crowes. Glad to hear it's wearing well. I have never listened to Eddie Money. Is this album the place to start?

Sal Nunziato said...

The first Eddie Money is the place to start.

5/7/24

Traffic- When The Eagle Flies Steve Winwood- S/T (I had a dream about buying both of those records and being really excited, as if I had fou...