Friday, March 15, 2024

3/14/24

The Black Crowes- Happiness Bastards
(First pass, very good. Hoping it's a grower. Vinyl tomorrow.)

Snooks Eaglin- That's All Right
(Snooks! Can't go wrong with his acoustic stuff.)

David Bowie- A House Of Fear (Sigma Sound, 1974)
(New "unofficial" release of "Young Americans" demos, outtakes and unreleased. First, amazed by the audio quality. Second, I can't believe how much I hadn't heard before. Great!)

Queen- Greatest Hits In Japan (As Selected By Japanese Fans)
(Finally got a hold of this. The Japanese have the same taste as I do! Great selection of hits and album cuts, though there is no reason to include "Radio Ga Ga" over countless others.)

Elvis Costello & The Attractions- Armed Forces
(After Todd Rundgren, I think I've seen Elvis live more than anyone. And I think he's opened almost every show since this album was released with "Accidents Will Happen." Aside from "Alison" and "Pump It Up," I think "Accidents Will Happen" is his most performed song in concert. Just riffing here.)

The Rolling Stones- Live At The Wiltern
(The 93rd Stones live album! I don't mind if they are good, and this one is good. I saw this 2002 "club/arena/stadium" tour at Madison Square Garden and Roseland. They went deep. I got "She Smiled Sweetly" at Roseland. The Wiltern got "Neighbors." I win.)




No comments:

5/8/24

World Party- Dumbing Up (Probably the weakest of Wallinger's five WP albums, but it does include five of his best songs. Just that the o...