Tuesday, February 20, 2024

2/19/24

Ian Hunter- Defiance Pt. 1
(Getting ready for Part Two.)
 
Foreigner- Personal Playlist
(Don't know about the RnRHoF, but I sure love a lot of their music.)

Patsy Cline- Sweet Dreams: The Complete Decca Studio Masters 1960-1963 (Sides A, B & C)
(Definitive set from Third Man. Get it while you can.)
 
Paul McCartney & Elvis Costello- Flowers In The Dirt (demos)
(No matter how many times I listen to this, first as a bootleg dozens upon dozens of times, and then, dozens upon dozens of times with the official release, I still can't believe it exists.)

Thomas Dolby- The Flat Earth
(Been ages. Still holds up. Some really beautiful moments.)

Steve Earle & the Dukes (And Duchesses)- The Low Highway
(His best. Really.)

Jefferson Airplane- Surrealistic Pillow (Kevin Gray MONO Cut)
(I play this album a lot. I will never get enough of "Comin' Back To Me.")
 
Faces- Ooh La La (Kevin Gray Remaster)
(The faces camp is threatening new remasters with unheard bonus tracks this year. Gonna be hard to beat the four Kevin Gray remasters for sound, but I'm interested in the "lost" rock and roll version of "Ooh La La." Still my fave faces record, by the way.)

Larry Williams- Dizzy Miss Lizzy
(If you start with The Cavern, and include solo albums, The Beatles have covered 8 of the 16 tracks on this collection. Maybe 9 or 10, I didn't check.)
 
 



 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Comin' Back To Me is fabulous, as is Embryonic Journey.

I'm with you on Faces, too. I recently watched The Passing Show doco about Ronnie Lane, so I've been playing plenty of his work lately.

As much as I enjoy The Low Highway, I prefer I Feel Alright and Train a Comin'.

While I haven't heard the Third Man collection, I have the 4CD box of Patsy Cline which is wonderful.

- Paul in DK

Anonymous said...

Ooh La La is the most Ronnie Lane of the faces albums, so it's my favorite too. I was listening to a playlist earlier today that had Glad and Sorry on it, and Ronnie Wood's guitar really stood out on it. He's a talented fellow.

Bill

5/8/24

World Party- Dumbing Up (Probably the weakest of Wallinger's five WP albums, but it does include five of his best songs. Just that the o...