Monday, February 19, 2024

2/18/24

David Bowie- The Trident Tapes
(A first time official release of this excellent set would have been a much better and smarter choice for Record Store Day than some made up collectible claiming to be a precursor to "Ziggy Stardust," which offers nothing unreleased, just new art, a new title and a few extra b-sides resquenced for the hell of it.)

John Cale- Vintage Violence (Kevin Gray Master)
(This was a happy accident! Bought a collection, this was in it, and noticed the deadwax. Had no idea. Yes, it sounds great!)

Pete Townshend- All The Best Cowboys Have Chinese Eyes (Abbey Road HSM)
(This caught my eye. Hadn't listened to it with the new cartridge. Always love it whenever I play it.)

The Drifters' Golden Hits (Kevin Gray MONO Cut)
(My grandfather's favorite record and definitely one of mine. This is the version to have.)

The Easybeats- Absolute Anthology: 1965-1969 (Sides Two & Four)
(Sal Maida opened up his first radio show in six months yesterday with The Easybeats, so I immediately got "easy fever.")

The Replacements- Let It Be
(This is a lot of people's favorite 'Mats album. I love it, but I love others more.)

Lenny Kravitz- Let Love Rule
(I just finished trashing the poor guy on a podcast. I had to listen to this record, which I genuinely love, to ease the guilt.)

Jon Cleary & The Absolute Monster Gentlemen- S/T
(Needed this tonight. Top 5 New Orleans record. Listen to it.)

The Replacements- Songs For Slim
(Still in that 'Mats Mode. Hey Paul, where the fuck are you?)






No comments:

5/7/24

Traffic- When The Eagle Flies Steve Winwood- S/T (I had a dream about buying both of those records and being really excited, as if I had fou...