Saturday, February 17, 2024

2/16/24

Mod Cons- S/T
(Cool new project from Charlie Hunter. You really should check it out.)

Badfinger- Ass
(For years I thought I didn't like this record. There are some truly great tracks here, especially "I Can Love You." A better album than its rep.)

Sparks- The Girl Is Crying In Her Latte
(This record amazes me. 50 years into their career and the Maels continue to put out some of the best records of their lives.)

Joey Ramone- Don't Worry About Me
(Listening to Joey sing "What A Wonderful World" as he is dying of cancer always gets to me. This whole record is a blast.)

JD McPherson- The Warm Covers LP
(Great stuff. This is how you make a covers LP.)

Sly & The Family Stone- Stand (2023 VMP RM)
(One of my favorite records of all time just got an all analog upgrade from Vinyl Me, Please. Sounds pretty damn good, though I wish everyone would stop with the colored vinyl.)

Toots & The Maytals- In The Dark (Jamaican Tracklist)
(Been thinking about "Love Gonna Walk Out On Me" all week. Finally decided to play this.)

Boozoo Chavis & The Majic Sounds- Boozoo, That's Who! (About half)
(Terry Adams produces Boozoo! Good stuff, but I could only do Zydeco in small doses.) 

Blur- Modern Life Is Rubbish
(Been discussing Brit Pop with my friend Carl. Blur, Oasis. Supergrass. We both agree, Oasis has one solid record. The rest is all one giant samey song! Blur & Supergrass, on the other hand...)

Paul McCartney- BBC Sessions At Maida Vale, 10/16/13
(Great set list and great performance.)

45s
Cissy Houston- Be My Baby
Thin Lizzy- The Boys Are Back In Town
Haircut One Hundred- Love Plus One/Favourite Shirts (Boy Meets Girl)
The Ronettes- Be My Baby
Melanie- Lay Down/Candles In The Rain
Abba- Waterloo
Karla Bonoff- Personally
The Go-Go's- Our Lips Are Sealed
Jackson Browne- Somebody's Baby
Donna Summer- State Of Independence
The Human League- Don't You Want Me
Neil Sedaka- Laughter In The Rain
Skeeter Davis- I Can't Stay Mad At You
Hale And The Hushabyes- Yes Sir, That's My Baby
Rufus & Chaka Khan- Ain't Nobody



1 comment:

Michael Giltz said...

Your 45s are especially fun today.

I'd say Oasis have two decent albums, though "(What's The Story) Morning Glory" is in fact very good and not just solid. But that's it.

Just listened to Blur's Parklife again. Terrific. They have a very strong discography. And Supergrass are sorely underrated in my book.

5/8/24

World Party- Dumbing Up (Probably the weakest of Wallinger's five WP albums, but it does include five of his best songs. Just that the o...