Thursday, February 1, 2024

1/31/24

iPod on Shuffle:
Close To You - Marshall Crenshaw
Clash City Rockers- The Clash
Princess of The Universe- Utopia 
No World Order (Yokohama Morning Version) - Todd Rundgren
Run That Body Down - Paul Simon
Popotitos- Los Straitjackets
Friends- Led Zeppelin 
Honky Tonk Women- The Pogues
Babylon Deh Pon Fire- Truth Fact & Correct
Stone Cold Crazy- Queen & Trent Reznor
Night Fever- Bee Gees
Between The Lies - C.C. Adcock
Stormbringer- Deep Purple
Wild Man- Galactic w/Big Chief Bo Dollis
Going Down- Freddie King
I Didn’t Think So- Margaret Glaspy
It’s A Lie- Rolling Stones
Transmetropolitan- The Pogues
I Am A Pilgrim- The Byrds
Some Sunny Day- The Millennium
Sometimes I Wonder- Jon Cleary & The Absolute Monster Gentlemen
Stuck In The Middle With You- Stealers Wheel
 
Small Faces- The Autumn Stone
(One of 66 pieces I picked up today. First one to jump out of the stack and onto the turntable. Such a fun collection.)
 
Richard Hell & The Voidoids- Blank Generation
(Probably the most overrated punk album of its time, but I still play it all the time.)
 
Cannonball Adderly- Somethin' Else
(Might as well be a Miles Davis record. One of my ten favorite jazz records.)
 
Roy Ayers Ubiquity- Everybody Loves The Sunshine
(Found a better pressing today.)
 
Chris Bell- I Am The Cosmos
(Always sublime.)






 

3 comments:

Michael Giltz said...

Somethin' Else is all that. I found the emotional (not artistic) decline of Big Star a little sad and wasn't ready to hear Third after the first two albums. The second is great but I do miss Chris Bell's voice on it.

Two swings through Zoom and it's great -- then I look it up. Boy is it overlooked! Jeff Lynne would surely appreciate the appreciation. No wonder it was another 14 years before ELO resurfaced again!

Anonymous said...

The Autumn Stone was the first Small Faces album I bought after falling in Love with Ronnie Lane/Rough Mix. Haven't listened to it in a long while. Might have to rectify that this weekend.

I feel like the Small Faces catalog needs some attention. They should get a nice reissue program too--they deserve it!

Bill

Sal Nunziato said...

Every time you hear a bell ring, a Small Faces record gets reissued.

It seems like every other year, something else gets reissued.

BUT...only recently have they been doing it right, thanks to Kenney Jones.

These are all excellent.

https://www.discogs.com/release/7176289-Small-Faces-Small-Faces

https://www.discogs.com/release/26623259-Small-Faces-Small-Faces

https://www.discogs.com/release/27175965-Small-Faces-Ogdens-Nut-Gone-Flake

5/7/24

Traffic- When The Eagle Flies Steve Winwood- S/T (I had a dream about buying both of those records and being really excited, as if I had fou...