Sunday, January 28, 2024

1/27/24

Queen- Sheer Heart Attack- (Abbey Road HSM)
(Today I am thinking it's their best.)

Bernard Purdie- Soul Is...Pretty Purdie
(Groovy.)

George Harrison- Living In The Material World
(My friend and I agreed that if this was George's first proper solo album and not "All Things Must Pass," people would revere it more. Solid record.)

Bob Marley & The Wailers- Rasta Revolution
(This pre-Island, pre-Chris Blackwell stuff is just fantastic.)

Paul Weller- Modern Classics (The Greatest Hits)
(Might need to add this to the list of greatest "greatest hits" collections.)

The Slits- Cut
(Gotta play this one five times a year. Nothing sounds like "Cut." Truly unique.)

Rainbow- The Best Of (Sides One & Two)
(Sides Three & Four are fine, but Sides One & Two always hit the spot.)

Pixies- Come On Pilgrim
(Love them and this record.)

The Beatles- Beatles For Sale (MONO)
("Uh...reality check. The Beatles ain't that good."
--Daily Moron Social Media Post)





5 comments:

Michael Giltz said...

Hey, greatest "greatest hits" is my book project! :) Would love to see your list of them.

Michael Giltz said...

I especially enjoy Richard Thompson who would often joke about his greatest hit, I Want To See The Bright Lights Tonight. "It's off our greatest hit set."

hpunch said...

I think after reading of you listening, Sheer Heart Attack might be Queen's best too.

Anonymous said...

I've been on a Pretty Purdie binge, no thanks to this page which includes some wonderful albums from Shirley Scott, Johnny "Hammond" Smith, Freddie McCoy, and others, all with Purdie manning the kit.

- Paul in DK

Sal Nunziato said...

What a great place!
Thanks Paul.

5/7/24

Traffic- When The Eagle Flies Steve Winwood- S/T (I had a dream about buying both of those records and being really excited, as if I had fou...