Saturday, January 27, 2024

1/26/24

Brian Eno- Before And After Science
(The beginning of an Eno binge)

The Band- S/T (45 RPM Remix)
(On a blog I check in with daily, it was suggested that The Band were overrated and that their harmonies and their "shtick" were subpar. Many other "followers" chimed in with the same feelings. After listening to this for the 200th time in my life, I've decided that some get up and go to work--doctors, firemen, retailers, etc.--while others wake up with no other purpose than to be contrary.)

Brian Eno- Taking Tiger Mountain (By Strategy)
(And more...)

Aerosmith- Rocks
(Greatest hard rock album of all time.)

Cream- Disraeli Gears (Abbey Road HSM in MONO)
(Great pressing of a great record.)

Gram Parsons- GP
(My musical ADD hijacked my ENO marathon. After talking with a friend about Gram and the Black Crowes, I had to hear both.)

The Black Crowes- Lions
(My least favorite Crowes record---Thanks Don Was---but it was being discussed, so I had to hear it. Oddly, it contains one of my Top 3 BC songs. Final outcome? Some highlights. Didn't hate it, but still my least fave.)

Leon Russell- S/T (Kevin Gray Master)
(The Crowes led me here. I can't get enough of this record. This PRESSING!)





4 comments:

Michael Giltz said...

The Band's first two albums are just...essential. So satisfying. And Brian Eno, well every time I play him I'm surprised and pleased. Is there another person who is as great an artist AND producer as Eno? Can't think of one....

Sal Nunziato said...

Todd Rungdren.

hpunch said...

Allen Touissaint

Sal Nunziato said...

"I'm sorry we can't accept that, boys.
The correct answers are Todd Rundgren and Allen Toussaint."

(Where's spell check when you ducking need it?!)

5/7/24

Traffic- When The Eagle Flies Steve Winwood- S/T (I had a dream about buying both of those records and being really excited, as if I had fou...