Tuesday, December 5, 2023

12/4/23

The Struts- Pretty Vicious (five songs)
Sufjan Stevens- Javelin (five songs)
Cactus World News- Urban Beaches (Side One)
Dennis Bovell & The 4th Street Orchestra- Ah Who Seh? Go Deh!
Peter Gabriel- i/o (Dark Side)
Lee "Scratch" Perry- Heaven

45s
Sheila Hylton- The Bed's Too Big Without You
The Waitresses- I Know What Boys Like
The Who- Eminence Front
Big Youth- What's Going On/Wake Up Everybody
The Black Crowes- Here Comes Daylight/Hole In Your Soul
Bob Dylan- Watching The River Flow
Chuck Berry- Club Nitty Gritty
The Plugz- Achin'/La Bamba

Specimen- Batastrophe
Dwight Twilley- Twilley
Tommy Flanagan, John Coltrane...- The Cats

2 comments:

Michael Giltz said...

Five songs of the Struts and Sufjan? Oh well, I tried> :)

Sal Nunziato said...

I loved the first track on the Sufjan. The second track was also good. But by track five, the whispered vocals and the children's choir got under my skin. If you tell me the novelty of the background vocals disappears on the second half, I'll try again.

As for The Struts, I've never liked them, so that's not on you!
I always thought they were poseurs. And this new one really hit a nerve, like the Imagine Dragons trying to be The Black Crowes.

5/8/24

World Party- Dumbing Up (Probably the weakest of Wallinger's five WP albums, but it does include five of his best songs. Just that the o...