Wednesday, November 8, 2023

11/7/23

Miles Davis- Porgy & Bess
Dennis Alcapone- My Voice Is Insured For Half A Million Dollars

45s
Justin Hinds & The Dominoes w/Tommy McCook & The Soul Syndicate- Mighty Reedeemer
The Schoolgirls- Love Another Love
Ansel Collins- Cotton Dandy
Carl Dawkins-Don't Get Weary
Junior Byles- King Of Babylon
The Upsetters- Version Nebuchadnezzer

King Crimson- Music Is Our Friend (Sides A-C)
The Electric Prunes- S/T (Kevin Gray Master)
Thurman- Lux
King Crimson- Lizard (Steve Wilson Remix)
Squeeze- 6 Squeeze Songs Crammed Into One Ten Inch Record
Professor Longhair- New Orleans Piano






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The version of Goodbye Girl on the Squeeze record was my first exposure to that song, and for many, many years it was my preferred take. I liked the New Wave, guitar-driven power pop of it. In my old(ish) age, I've come to appreciate the Cool for Cats version. It's a fun live one too.

Bill

Sal Nunziato said...

The first time I heard that version of "Goodbye Girl" I flipped out and it took me forever to find it. No internet back then. I love that EP, by the way.

Anonymous said...

I think the 6 Squeeze Songs... EP was the second thing I bought by them, after East Side Story. I thought the novelty of it was clever. Been a fan ever since.

Bill

5/7/24

Traffic- When The Eagle Flies Steve Winwood- S/T (I had a dream about buying both of those records and being really excited, as if I had fou...