Sunday, November 19, 2023

11/18/23

Bryan Ferry- Horoscope
Allen Toussaint- Southern Nights
Juliana Hatfield- Sings ELO
The Beatles- 1962-1966 (2023 Remix, Abbey Road HSM LP)
The Action- Personal Playlist
Jon Cleary & The Absolute Monster Gentlemen- S/T
T. Rex- Electric Warrior (Kevin Gray Master)
Bryan Ferry- Mamouna
Pep In The Cat- Live At The Bitter End, 3/15/85
Marshall Crenshaw- Life's Too Short
Dr. John- In The Right Place (2023 AP 45 RPM RM)
Donald Harrison Jr. & Dr. John- Indian Blues
Pep In The Cat- Live At S.N.A.F.U, 2/11/84 (Second Set)

8 comments:

Joe said...

Got the Dr. John record this week. Wow. Fantastic!

Sal Nunziato said...

Right!
I insisted my friend buy a copy, even though he's not a big NOLA music fan, simply because it was one of the greatest sounding records I had ever heard.

Michael Giltz said...

How was the Bryan Ferry reissue of Mamouna? And I look forward to you sharing your thoughts about the Beatles on vinyl.

Sal Nunziato said...

I am probably not going to write about The Beatles vinyl on BW. It always feels like I am imposing when I discuss vinyl.

I've only listened to the Red so far, and if I hadn't heard both Red and Blue in Dolby Atmos, I would have raved about the vinyl. The first few early tracks -Love Me Do through She Loves You- felt more alive in Atmos, but then the vinyl opened up and I was satisfied. The records will still be my go-to.

And they did a nice job on the Ferry. "Mamouna" is the better record, but the remake of "Mother Of Pearl" on "Horoscope" is excellent.

Michael Giltz said...

Thx

Anonymous said...

Mother of Pearl was the first song I called up on the reissue. It's really cool and quite unexpected!

Bill

Anonymous said...

Any thoughts on the two tracks (Loop De Li; (S&M) Midnight Train) on Horoscope that didn’t appear until the Avonmore album some 30 years later?

Sal Nunziato said...

I thought "Horoscope" played well and I wasn't paying too much attention to hear any differences on those tracks.

4/25/24

Tin Men- Live From The Jazz Fest Blues Tent, 2024 (A brilliant, hilarious and manic set, as usual.) Todd Rundgren- Second Wind (Not one of m...