Friday, October 27, 2023

10/26/23

Prince- Diamonds & Pearls (Super Deluxe, Disc 3)
Lee Dorsey- Yes We Can
Bobby Bland- Two Steps From The Blues
Nine Inch Nails- The Downward Spiral
That Thing You Do- O.S.T.
Paul McCartney- Ram

iPod on Shuffle:
I.O.U.- The Replacements
Bad Is Bad- Dave Edmunds
Let's Fall In Love- Robert Palmer
Pushin' Forward Back- Temple Of The Dog
Looking At Her- Paul McCartney
Black & White World (demo)- Elvis Costello
This One's From The Heart- Tom Waits & Crystal Gayle
Starless (Live, Tokyo 8/12/21)- King Crimson
The Chase- Stanton Moore Trio
Shotgun- Jr. Walker & The All Stars
My Baby Does Me- Queen
I Know What I Know- The Monkees
Eyes Of A Child- Soul Asylum
Hannah- Robin Trower
La Vie Je Croyais Je Voulais- Steve Riley & The Mamou Playboys
Good Company- Queen
Baby Go Slow- Shelagh McDonald
Baby- World Party

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the above heads-up on the rerelease of ‘Diamonds and Pearls’, Sal. I’ll be listening today. Upon its initial release, I might of allowed my feelings for the loss of the Revolution to interfere with my listening experience - plus isn’t this about the time Prince started to rap?
Looking forward to a fresh start.
Thanks again and I hope you’ve an incredible weekend!

Anonymous said...

After listening to the album twice, I was wrong. It’s actually pretty damn good. There are a couple missteps but, I forgot about them by the song that followed. Maybe a bigger, smoother ‘Parade’-wannabe? And much less rap than I remember. And more great guitar also. Excited to listen to the rest of the Super Deluxe.
Jughead doesn’t bother me that much either as the rhythm at times brings to mind Welcome To The Terrordome. Cheers

Sal Nunziato said...

It definitely has its moments, as does the "symbol" album that followed.
First song on Disc 3, "Schoolyard" probably should have stayed in the vault.

5/8/24

World Party- Dumbing Up (Probably the weakest of Wallinger's five WP albums, but it does include five of his best songs. Just that the o...