Thursday, August 5, 2021

8/4/21

Prince- Welcome 2 America

iPod on Shuffle:
Pony Street- Elvis Costello
Beast Of Burden- Rolling Stones
Growin' Up (Acoustic)- Bruce Springsteen
On The Road Again- Lovin' Spoonful
Come On Come On- (Ardent demo)- Cheap Trick
Seven Day Weekend- Elvis Costello & Jimmy Cliff
Darling Of The Underground Press- Black Crowes
Let'Em In- Dr. John
Original Funky Bell Bottoms- Ironing Board Sam
Me & My Arrow- Nilsson
It's All Over Now, Baby Blue- Bryan Ferry
Oh Lonesome Me- Southern Culture On The Skids
Suspicious Look In Your Eyes- The Hollies
Flight Of The Rat- Deep Purple
Sitting In my Hotel- The Kinks
Valentine's Day- Steve Earle
Movin' Out- Aerosmith

2 comments:

Michael Giltz said...

I found the prince album perfectly competent and kind of dull. I completely understand why he shelved it. If nothing else, he might easily have forgotten about it. The one track I dug (on a first listen) was When She Comes. Otherwise I think his instincts were right. I don't mind hearing it and I don't mind them putting it out, but oy, there's going to be a lot of this in the years to come.

Sal Nunziato said...

I agree with everything you said except:

a)The one song I liked was "1000 Light Years"
b)I'm beginning to mind hearing this music.

Everything since "Rave Un2..." has been garbage.
The Rainbow Children
NEWS
Musicology
3121
Planet Earth
Lotusflower
MPLSound
20Ten
Plectrumelectrum
HITnRUN
Art Official Age

AND ALL OF THOSE WERE WHILE HE WAS ALIVE!

4/28/24

The Zutons- The Big Decider James Booker- The Piano Prince Of New Orleans: Live, Hamburg 1976 Bob Marley & The Wailers- African Herbsman...