Tuesday, September 29, 2026

9/28/2026

David Bowie- Black Tie White Noise (1993) ****

Bee Gees- Mythology: Highlights (2010/2020) ****

The Black Crowes- Marie Laveau Sessions (1992/2025) ***1/2

Mickey Dolenz- Timeless (2026) ***


The Walrus- Elysian Fields Forever (2026) ****

Crowded House- S/T: 40th Anniversary Expanded Audiophile Edition (1986/2026) ****



 • That Mickey Dolenz E.P. is a bit of a disappointment. Opens strong with the Westerberg and Andy Partridge tracks, then veers into what is borderline "adult comtemporary" schmaltz.

• The Walrus review at the other place.

• I really enjoyed the bonus LP of b-sides, remixes and demos more than the proper Crowded House album.

 

2 comments:

Bill said...

Unrelated, but I saw Tony De Meur from the Fabulous Poodles passed away this week. Man, I used to play the heck out of this song.
https://youtu.be/jG4Aqg0ejyU?is=pWAmqs-yniMcGR8m

Guy Incognito said...

You're making me want to buy the Crowded House album. I've resisted because, how many times am I supposed to keep buying that same album? Are the extra tracks much different than the previoys expanded edition?

9/28/2026

David Bowie- Black Tie White Noise (1993) **** Bee Gees- Mythology: Highlights (2010/2020) **** The Black Crowes- Marie Laveau Sessions (199...