The Congos- Congo Ashanti (1979) ****
The Rumble- Ain't No Dying (2026) ****
Creation Rebel- Close Encounters Of The Third World (1978) ***
Rush- Boston, 9/12/2026: Highlights (2026) ***1/2
Cheetah Chrome & The Ghetto Dogs- S/T (1987) ***1/2
The Creed Taylor Orchestra- Shock Music In Hi-Fi (1958) ****
Bob Dylan- Oh Mercy (1989) ****
Yes- Drama: Kevin Gray Master (1980/2016) ****
• "Heart Of The Congos" is a reggae essential and I play it often. But this was the first time I heard the follow-up, "Congo Ashanti." It's pretty damn great!
• New album from The Rumble is just as great as their last. Great New Orleans, Indian funk.
• "Shock Music In Hi-Fi" legit scared me when I was a kid. It’s still pretty eerie. But now that I’m older and only mildly creeped out by it, I can appreciate the craft and imagination put into the making of it. Good stuff!
1 comment:
Oh Mercy has been a favorite of mine since it was released. Yesterday I played a very good (though a bit long) blues album by Peter Parcek called Most of the Time. The title cut is done as a slow blues, one you might enjoy. https://youtu.be/iP1BvylNNF0?si=OxgiWzklmrrXOuOJ
- Paul in DK
Post a Comment