Tuesday, July 28, 2026

7/27/2026

The Amazing Blondel- Blondel (1973) ****

Family- Fearless (1971) **1/2

Robert Walter, Eddie Roberts, Stanton Moore- The Breaks (2026) ***1/2

Jon Cleary- Alligator Lips & Dirty Rice (1989) ***

Robyn Hitchcock- The Confuser (2026) ***1/2

David Bowie- Heathen (2002) ****

R.E.M. - Accelerate (2008) ****

The Dave Clark 5- The Hits (2019) ***

Bobby Fuller Four- I Fought The Law: MONO  (1966) ****

Television- Marquee Moon (1977) ****

Dead Boys- Young, Loud, & Snotty (1977) ****





• "Blondel" isn't considered to be one of the great Amazing Blondel records, but it's the one that caught my ear. It's an achingly beautiful British folk pop record and unbelievably musical.


 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I listened to “Life After Infinity” (Robyn’s only instrumental album) and “Shufflemania!” yesterday. LIA is fine for what it is, but not what I want to hear from Robyn Hitchcock. Shufflemania was very good, but I’m not sure it’s better than “The Confuser”. That one’s in the queue today.

Have you heard Ed Kelly & Pharaoh Sanders self-titled album? It recently was reissued with some Ed Kelly bonus tracks. It’s well worth your time, and not fixed on one style. https://youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_ks-pcd2wfZDdzmSB8J-J8tn3pBWFGy1Tw&si=9RjmjIafAIfykv8h

- Paul in DK

Sal Nunziato said...

"Confuser" is growing on me.

I was so put off by the first track on the Ed Kelly/Pharoah that I didn't bother with the rest.

Michael Giltz said...

Never thought of listening to Bobby Fuller. Annoyingly the "album" I Fought The Law has 30 tracks, out of order and only one song or so in mono but I've made a playlist. He died for our sins, you know. Never even heard of Blondel. A fascinating career. And at some point I need to relisten to later R.E.M.

Anonymous said...

Track 2 has some of that Pharaoh fire and You Send Me is a beautiful duo take on the Cooke classic. There’s also soul jazz and some other styles.

- Paul in DK

7/27/2026

The Amazing Blondel- Blondel (1973) **** Family- Fearless (1971) **1/2 Robert Walter, Eddie Roberts, Stanton Moore- The Breaks (2026) ***1/2...