Irish Baroque Orchestra And Choir & Peter Whelan- Handel: Messiah (2026) ****
Karl Bohm, Winer Philharmoniker- Beethoven Symphonie Nr. 6>>Pastorale (1971) ***
Allen Toussaint- The Bright Mississippi (2009) ****
Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers- Hard Promises (1981) ****
Chris Squire- Fish Out Of Water: 50th Anniversary Remix (1975/2025) ***12
Bee Gees- 1st: MONO (1967) ****
Ronnie Wood- Slide On This (1992) ***
V/A- Licensed To SKA: Studio One 007 (2023) ****
Dio- Holy Diver (1983) ***1/2
The Zombies- Greatest Hits In MONO (2017) ***1/2
The Slits- Cut (1979) ****
Motorhead- Overkill (1979) ****
Sunday, July 19, 2026
7/18/2026
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7/19/2026
Mavis Staples- Sad And Beautiful World (2025) **** Michael Kiwanuka- Home Again (2012) ***1/2 Charlie Hunter- Space Bomb (2026) **** McGough...
-
Harry Connick Jr.- Lofty's Roach Souffle- ***1/2 (Good record, if a bit long. But it pays off big time with the last song.) Jimmy Wither...
-
Iron And Wine- Light Verse (Twice, Back To Back) (The ultimate test, playing it over again once it finished. Love it more.) Tom Waits- Rain ...
-
John Boutte- Boutte Call (Personal Playlist) (Great performance at The Bitter End on Saturday night. A rare NYC visit for Mr. Boutte, I had ...
4 comments:
It really IS Tom Petty Season. Heartbreakers busting out all over! Nice to see some classical. Still a world I barely have dipped my toe into. How did you land on the Bohm version of No. 6? Is it widely considered the best? I always get lost when considering symphonies.
I know almost nothing about classical. Whenever I pick up collections, if there are any classical records in the lot that look interesting to me, I'll keep them. I own about 10 classical records and that Bohm is one of them.
I knew of Allen Toussaint for a long while as a songwriter and pianist before I found The Bright Mississippi. That was so good I had to hear more. So glad I did. What a talent he was.
- Paul in DK
Obviously, Toussaint was an incredible talent and had a wonderful body of work, but he was so good in his later years.
Randy
Post a Comment