Friday, September 20, 2024

9/19/24

Paul Weller- 66
(In the running for Top Ten of 2024.)

Tyrannosaurus Rex- My People Were Fair...

(This early fairy stuff is usually hit or miss with me, but I enjoyed this today.)



Bruce Springsteen- Nebraska

Led Zeppelin- Physical Graffiti

(RAWK!)

Judas Priest- Sad Wings Of Destiny

Blossom Toes- We Are Ever So Clean
(I've had a fantastic repress of this record for sale at a stupid price for a month. No takers. So I sent it to a friend whose teenage son is just getting into vinyl. I wondered if I had ever written about these guys on Burning Wood. I did! It's here.)

13th Floor Elevators- The Psychedelic Sounds Of...

Iggy Pop- Lust For Life
(No question, one of the best Bowie records of all time, though "The Idiot" wins by a nose. Just for the balls on the song below.)


Grand Funk Railroad- On Time


No comments:

9/19/24

Paul Weller- 66 (In the running for Top Ten of 2024.) Tyrannosaurus Rex- My People Were Fair... (This early fairy stuff is usually hit or mi...