Friday, September 13, 2024

9/12/24

Robyn Hitchcock- 1967: Vacations In The Past
(I was hoping to like this more. But almost all of his covers really got under my skin.)

Nick Lowe & Los Straitjackets- Indoor Safari
The Who- Kingston, 2/12/20
MC5- High Time
The Stooges- Personal Playlist

Jack White- Fear Of The Dawn

Living Colour- Collideoscope

(I remembered nothing about this record, but I have been on a Living Colour kick and I really loved their last album "Shade." This record was horrible. Dense and tuneless. Explains why I have no memory of it.)

v/a-Roots Rock Rebels: When Punk Met Reggae 1975-1982 (Disc 1)

(Great Disc One. Really solid programming. Looking forward to Disc Two.)

Joe Higgs- Life Of Contradiction
(Emailing with a vinyl buyer looking for reggae titles, and we both agreed that this record is a Top 5 of all time. I told him I thought it was the "Rubber Soul" of reggae records. If you are reading, you should listen to it, if you don't know it.)







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First listen today to both the Nick Lowe-Straitjackets and Robyn Hitchcock while working. The NL-S was alright, but nothing really wowed me.

I enjoyed the version of Whiter Shade of Pale from RH because the arrangement was good, swapping guitar for the organ parts and almost whispering much of the vocals, plus the added bonus of (presumably) Emma Swift's backing vocal harmonies. The rest were okay, but nothing essential at this stage. I'm sure I will play Underwater Moonlight, Element of Light, Black Snake Diamond Role, Spooked, Eye, and others much more often.

- Paul in DK

9/16/24

Michael Chapman- Fully Qualified Survivor v/a- Goldband Blues (Personal Playlist) Creole And Chinafrica- Journey From Creation 1975-1985 Gan...