Thursday, August 8, 2024

8/7/24

Nico- Desertshore
(This record would never have had a chance with me 30 years ago. Now, in a strange way, I find it comforting.)

Leigh Harris- House Of Secrets
(Little Queenie was a New Orleans legend and she was one of the first artists I got to see on my first trip to the Crescent City. Been a long time since I played this one and it still holds up. Here are two.)




MC5- Kick Out The Jams
(..."Motherf**kers!")

The Ravens w/Jimmy Ricks- Best Of
(Every song a winner. Here are two.)




Alton Ellis- Be True To Yourself

Bob Marley & The Wailers- One Love At Studio One: 1964-1966 (Record Two)
(I know two guys who love this early material and really dislike the records that put Marley on the map. I understand the former, but really don't get the latter. Here are two great covers from these early sessions.)




Junior Delgado- Bushmaster Revolution
v/a- Swing Easy: Reggae, Soul Plus Sweet Music
Little Roy- Bongo Nyah

(Received a bunch of rare reggae vinyl rips from a friend. About half are first timers for me, including these three. I really loved half of the Delgado. All of "Swing Easy" was a blast. And Little Roy was the best of the lot. Loved it. Here are two.)





C.C. Adcock- S/T
Dion & The Belmonts- Together Again

(Finishing up with two records that never fail to pull me out of the abyss. These records are always a guarantee!)







No comments:

9/16/24

Michael Chapman- Fully Qualified Survivor v/a- Goldband Blues (Personal Playlist) Creole And Chinafrica- Journey From Creation 1975-1985 Gan...