Sunday, August 18, 2024

8/17/24

Grateful Dead- Terrapin Station
(A friend selected this record as his underrrated with "Workingman's Dead" as his overrated. He is a "dead head," and I trust him. So I decided to listen to this, knowing I had heard it years ago and did not like it. Respectfully, "Workingman's Dead" is what I love about the Dead and "Terrapin Station" is everything I hate about the Dead.)

Shelby Lynne- Consequence Of The Crown
(Excellent first spin. A truly beautiful record. I didn't want it to end.)

Nick Cave- Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!!
v/a- Diggin' In Kingston (Personal Playlist)
Thin Lizzy- Black Rose

Devon Allman- Miami Moon (three songs)
This did nothing for me. Pretty bad, actually. And a good band behind him, too.)

Velvet Underground- White Light/White Heat (Abbey Road Half Speed Master)
(It has to be an industry in-joke that a classic lo-fi album was given the audiophile treatment. It's still a glorious lo-fi mess, the way it was meant to be, it just costs more money.)

Frank Zappa & the Mothers Of Invention- Joe's Corsage
Van Halen- For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge
Juliana Hatfield- Sings Olivia Newton-John & ELO (Best Of Both)






6 comments:

Michael Giltz said...

I only listen to White Light/White Heat on cassette played through a vintage walkman with headphones that cost $4.99. Perfect! :)

snakeboy said...

So I guess you won't be buying this box set? Grateful Dead - 30 Trips Around The Sun [80-CD box-set]

Sal Nunziato said...

That box is out of my league, though I do have a lot of those shows.

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to the new Shelby Lynne.

Tried the Van Halen a few weeks ago. Couldn’t get past track 4 - to me it was a tuneless bore.

Give The Jorgensens - Americana Soul (2022) a try. I think you’ll like it a lot more than Devon Allman.

- Paul in DK

Sal Nunziato said...

Funny how people hear things, Paul in DK. I listened to that VH twice in three days, all the while thinking, "This is a such accessible pop." "Runaround," "Top Of the World, "Right Now," "Poundcake" all with great choruses and harmonies.

Anonymous said...

It was my first listen to any of the Hagar-era albums. I enjoy some of Sammy's earlier solo stuff and his work in Montrose, but somehow this one just didn't click at all.

- Paul in DK

9/16/24

Michael Chapman- Fully Qualified Survivor v/a- Goldband Blues (Personal Playlist) Creole And Chinafrica- Journey From Creation 1975-1985 Gan...