Thursday, August 15, 2024

8/14/24

Desmond Dekker & The Aces- Intensified
Robin Taylor Zander- The Distance
Grand Funk Railroad- Closer To Home
Steely Dan- Katy Lied

Grateful Dead- Dick's Pick Vol. 8 (Harpur College, 5/2/70, Acoustic Set)

(This is what turned me around. It was this acoustic set that made me realize Jerry Garcia was an incredible guitar player, and if they tried, they could harmonize really well, too. This is what made me a Dead fan. I finally got it.)

Adrian Belew- Lone Rhino

David Bowie- Blackstar
(I like this record less with every spin. Overrated and occasionally really annoying.)

NRBQ- Ludlow Garage 1970
Elvis Costello & The Attractions- Get Happy!!
Traffic- John Barleycorn Must Die







6 comments:

Michael Giltz said...

But he died, you monster.

Michael Giltz said...

Yeah, I still can't untwine Bowie and Leonard Cohen's deaths from their last albums yet. Give me time.

Sal Nunziato said...

Hahaa!

Sal Nunziato said...

I think I am finally over the connection, not Bowie's death. Just the idea that I should like "Blackstar" because he died.

Anonymous said...

How can one not love Desmond Dekker? Hummable melodies sung well with an excellent band. Essential!

Of Bowie’s 21st century output, Blackstar is my favorite followed by The Next Day. I haven’t found much I liked from the other albums.

- Paul in DK

Michael Giltz said...

By the way, the Grateful Dead performed that concert on my birthday! I turned 4, so I wasn't actually at the show.

9/16/24

Michael Chapman- Fully Qualified Survivor v/a- Goldband Blues (Personal Playlist) Creole And Chinafrica- Journey From Creation 1975-1985 Gan...