Wednesday, April 10, 2024

4/9/24

Lynn Drury- High Tide
(Lynn was one of the very first artists I saw on my very first trip to New Orleans. Didn't follow her career. Not my thing, really. But she was always a presence. She has a great band on this new one including Rene Coman from The Iguanas, Papa Mali and Doug Belote on drums. Solid, twangy affair. I enjoyed some of it.)

 

 

Dennis Alcapone- Forever Version
(Another from Mojo's Studio One/Top Ten list. This was an answer to U-Roy's classic "Version Galore." Great record, but the U-Roy record is better.)




Pink Floyd- A Saucerful of Secrets (MONO)
(If "Piper At The Gates of Dawn" didn't exist, this record would be a lot more popular, but instead it's unfairly looked at as a disappointing follow-up.)

 
Paul McCartney- Chaos At Abbey Road
(Intimate performance from July of 2005 with a bunch of "Chaos" tracks, a few covers and some Paul classics. Great stuff.)


Detective- S/T
(This record blew my mind in 1977. I still think it's a classic.)



 

Led Zeppelin- The Song Remains The Same (All but "Moby Dick")
(Someone mentioned this in a BW comment last week, how he and his friends knew these live arrangements inside and out. That struck a chord. My friends actually did it live, less a track or two. Totally underrated live album.)


 

Pat Benatar- In The Heat Of The Night
(Instant five LP Pat Benatar collection in that record purchase a few weeks ago. This was a big record for the Sheepshead Bay gang. My friend Jeff asked me to help him out with the drumming on "Heartbreaker." I'm sure I was no help at all, but I'll always remember that moment in John's garage. It felt good to be asked. This record doesn't quite hold up as a whole. But there are a few keepers. I love the Sweet cover.)


 






No comments:

4/29/24

Dadawah- Peace & Love Brian Eno- Before & After Science St. Vincent- All Born Screaming Pet Shop Boys- Nonetheless Alice Cooper- Wel...