Wednesday, March 20, 2024

3/19/24

Charlie Gabriel- Eighty Nine
(This one still knocks me out. Might see him perform next week down in New Orleans.)

Rickie Lee Jones- S/T (Kevin Gray Master)
(Can't hear "Danny's All-Star Joint" without dancing around. Can't hear "Company" without breaking down.)

Heart- Little Queen (2024 VMP RP)
(This pressing just came out and it is massive! Best this record has ever sounded.)

Jeff Lynne- After Years
(Something I've had in my iPod for some time. Not sure if it's a bootleg or a fan made collection, but it's odd tracks, covers and b-sides. Fun stuff.)

The Creation- Action Painting
(Yesterday's Song Of The Day put me in the mood for all of it.)

Kiss- Dressed To Kill
(My favorite Kiss record. Polishing some chapters in this book and it brought me here.)

The Replacements- Boink!!
("Boink!!,) with two exclamation marks. I play this way too often, but I think it's perfect. Not a perfect "hits" comp. But a perfect rep of this band. Might have to call it my fave 'Mats record.)

Faces- A Nod Is As Good As A Wink...
(Just listen to the first few seconds of the first song, speaking of what "reps" the band. The way Kenney Jones falls in...just slightly behind the band as "Miss Judy's Farm" takes off, is exactly what makes this band great...and what lacks in so many others. What an amazing feel!)





No comments:

5/7/24

Traffic- When The Eagle Flies Steve Winwood- S/T (I had a dream about buying both of those records and being really excited, as if I had fou...