Monday, March 18, 2024

3/17/24

Mance Lipscomb- Texas Sharecropper & Songster
(Absolutely perfect for a Sunday morning.)

Miles Davis- Kind Of Blue
(Easing into Sunday. Also, looking forward to the new James Kaplan book about this band.)

Nick Lowe- The Impossible Bird
(The first of his "old man" records, whatever that means. Brilliant, like all of his "old man" records.)

Coverdale • Page- S/T
(I really love half this record.)

Jason Falkner- I'm Ok...You're Ok
(And still...we wait...and wait...for new music.)

U2- Achtung Baby!
(Well, it is St. Patrick's Day. Plus, this record is a masterpiece. It's the only one you need by these lads.)

The Walker Brothers- Greatest Hits (Sides Two,
("The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore" will never not stop me in my tracks.)

The Who- Who's Next
(Old reliable.)

 



1 comment:

Michael Giltz said...

Achtung Baby is the only album you need by U2? Scandalous! It's taken me a long time to warm up to it, actually. In some ways, the ep Under A Blood Red Sky might be everything one needs by U2. I've grown to prefer The Unforgettable Fire...if I substitute the live versions on Wide Awake In America for A Sort of Homecoming and Bad. Yes, the second side of The Joshua Tree isn't as strong and War has a brief weak moment or two. But they're still seminal albums for me and I'm the nut who really loves Rattle and Hum. Sigh, but maybe you're right. Their reinvention with Achtung Baby may be their BEST album. I just don't think it tells enough of their story.

5/7/24

Traffic- When The Eagle Flies Steve Winwood- S/T (I had a dream about buying both of those records and being really excited, as if I had fou...