Wednesday, March 13, 2024

3/12/24

Raspberries- Best
(It was Chris Collins comment on the Eric Carmen post that did it. "Those songs!")

World Party- Goodbye Jumbo
(The masterpiece!)

Lou Reed- Legendary Hearts
(This one came in the mail about an hour ago. I haven't heard it since it was released and it's been missing from my Lou section. Great record!)

Dub Judah- Twinkle's Riddim
(Discovered this back in January. British producer, kind of reggae meets Massive Attack. Really dig it.)

Fats Domino- Million Sellers
(How's this for stream of consciousness? Scrolling thru IG, saw a clip of Jools Holland playing "I'm Ready" with Fats Domino from a 1985 Jools doc called "Walking To the New Orleans," which I had never heard of!! So I now needed to both see the film and hear "I'm Ready." I have 18 Fats Domino albums. NONE of them have "I'm Ready." It was only a single!)

Earl King- Street Parade
(In NOLA mode.)

World Party- Bang!
(Still discussing Karl with friends. What a loss. And man, this record is good.)


 

 

2 comments:

Michael Giltz said...

18 Fats Domino albums and none had "I'm Ready." You really DO have an aversion to hits collections! That's almost impossible! not really, since he had so many albums! :)

Anonymous said...

"Goodbye Jumbo (The masterpiece!)" Yes, indeed. My pal had mentioned he was playing it the day before Karl died. When we heard the news, we played it again. About as perfect as a record can be; especially "Ain't Gonna Come Til I'm Ready".

Legendary Hearts and New Sensations are two of my favorite Lou albums. Great songs, great band, played with heart.

- Paul in DK

5/8/24

World Party- Dumbing Up (Probably the weakest of Wallinger's five WP albums, but it does include five of his best songs. Just that the o...