Saturday, February 3, 2024

2/2/24

Big Bill Broonzy- Lonesome Road Blues
(A good morning record.) 

The Philadelphia Experiment- S/T
(Absolutely love their cover of "Philadelphia Freedom.)

The Yardbirds- Heart Full Of Soul: The Best Of...
(A near perfect collection. I would replace "Lost Woman" and "Good Morning Little Schoolgirl" with "Think About It" and "Goodnight Sweet Josephine." Then, it would have been definitive.)

The Last Dinner Party- Prelude To Ecstasy
(Yep. Still loving it on second spin.)

Fiona Apple- When The Pawn...
(The drumming on "Limp" always fires me up.)

Scott Walker- Scott 3
(His best. Or maybe "Scott 4." Both "3" and "4" are excellent.)

Leon Russell- S/T (Kevin Gray Master)
I can't get enough of this record. It's this Kevin Gray PRESSING!)

Stevie Wonder- Talking Book
(My fave Stevie.)

The Plugz- Better Luck
(Both Plugz records are in my punk Top Ten.)

MC5- Back In The USA
(And speaking of punks, R.I.P. Wayne Kramer.)

Supergrass- In It For The Money
(The musical ADD kicks in--discussing Brit Pop, Oasis, Blur and Supergrass with a friend, so I had to hear something. This will do fine.)

Genesis- Spot The Pigeon
(Loved this E.P. for years, and only just read that all three tracks were cut from the "Wind & Wuthering" album.)





4 comments:

Michael Giltz said...

I just love the Supergrass In It For The Money album. Fires me up every time.

Michael Giltz said...

I'm really enjoying the commentary! And oh dear, I haven't graded any Scott Walker albums, though I've listened to most/all. Homework!

Anonymous said...

"all three tracks were cut from the Wind & Wuthering album"

I much prefer Spot The Pigeon, especially Match of the Day, to either Your Own Special Way and All In A Mouse's Night.

- Paul in DK

Sal Nunziato said...

Paul in DK,
Exactly. Those two edits with the Pigeon E.P. in their place would have made Wind & Wuthering as good as Trick Of The Tail.

5/8/24

World Party- Dumbing Up (Probably the weakest of Wallinger's five WP albums, but it does include five of his best songs. Just that the o...