Friday, February 23, 2024

2/22/24

Lalo Schifrin- Music From Mission Impossible
(Had a colored vinyl reissue for sale for a month with no takers. I decided to open it and play it. What a blast! Very trippy and very groovy.)

Bad Brains- S/T
(Hardcore hardcore. The best of its kind!)

John Hiatt- Bring The Family
(Another one I haven't been able to sell in a month. Does everyone in the world own this? Might as well play it, send out some vibes. It is Hiatt's best!)

Steely Dan- Gaucho
(Some Dan conversation happening on a previous post put me in the mood for this.)

Utopia-S/T (1982, Japanese Edtion)
(Their only true power pop record.)

Ace Frehley- 10,000 Volts (four songs)
(This was even worse than expected and I am a Kiss fan. And I loved a few of Ace's solo records, especially his first. Nope. This is dumber than dumb. Now I'm irritable.)

Jon Cleary & The Absolute Monster Gentlemen- Pin Your Spin
(Aaah. I'm back.)


 


2 comments:

Michael Giltz said...

John Hiatt's Bring The Family is indeed a classic. Such an adult record. And he was 34 when it came out!!

Anonymous said...

Bring The Family is great not only for the songs, but for the band as well. Lipstick Sunset has some of my favorite slide work from Ry Cooder. And Nick Lowe is way underrated as a bass player.

I listened to Riding With The King while traveling this weekend. It was the first Hiatt album I ever bought and remains a favorite. And while I'm plumping for Mr Hiatt, I've always rated Walk On as among his best.

Bill

5/7/24

Traffic- When The Eagle Flies Steve Winwood- S/T (I had a dream about buying both of those records and being really excited, as if I had fou...