Saturday, June 1, 2024

5/31/24

Richard Thompson- Ship To Shore
(Solid first pass. Must Zara Phillips sing on every track?

Ray Charles- Genius+Soul=Jazz

Crowded House- Gravity Stairs

(Meh. Only one pass, but I am underwhelmed. Mitchell Froom's drum sound is crap. The record has no life. And Neil needs to take a few bucks and go buy some hooks. The Tim Finn track is gorgeous, though. Will hope for more on take two. This could be a grower.)

The Doors- S/T (Side One)
The Waitresses- Wasn't Tomorrow Wonderful?
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers- Hard Promises
The Upsetters- Scratch The Upsetter Again
The Style Council- My Ever Changing Moods

The Rolling Stones- Garden State 78
(A beautiful, sloppy, punk ass classic!)

The English Beat- I Just Can't Stop It

(Killer Side One. And a damn good Side Two, too.)

The Turtles- Present The Battle Of The Bands




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

After one not close listen, Ship to Shore, seems good. It’s also not too long, which is a treat.

I really liked the first two tracks on Gravity Stairs, then it got stuck in a mid-tempo rut like many of the post -Sky Blue Sky albums from Wilco. Let’s see after a few more spins.

Neither is as anywhere near as much fun as I Just Can’t Stop It.

- Paul in DK

Bill said...

Ship to Shore: I’m with you on the Zara Phillips backing vocals. She’s no Linda. Or Christine Collister for that matter. I like hearing David Mansfield’s violin on some of the tracks. Overall I think it’s a keeper.

Anonymous said...

1990s ‘Kicks’ album from 2009 still sounding great! Thanks for sharing. :)

9/27/24

Ornette Coleman- Virgin Beauty Link Wray- S/T David Bowie- I'm Only Dancing (The Soul Tour '74) v/a- Burning Wood's Reggae Birth...