Monday, March 25, 2024

3/24/24

I bought 1300 records on Saturday night. The majority of today's listening will be from this new batch, many of which will be up for sale on the Discogs page over the days ahead.

Chet Atkins- It's A Guitar World
(
Wow. I knew what to expect from a Chet Atkins record, but I wasn't expecting to enjoy this as much as I did. Killer versions of "For No One" and "Cast Your Fate To the Wind.")

The Box Tops- Super Hits
(Still hard to believe the guy singing these songs is the guy singing Big Star songs.)

The Rascals- See
(A great half a record.)

Sonya Spence- Sings Love
(New to me. Solid rock steady reggae. Pretty rare.)

Paul McCartney- McCartney (Abbey Road HSM)
Van Halen- 1984
Jimi Hendrix- War Heroes
(I enjoyed all three of these immensely, especially "War Heroes," which blew my mind when I first heard it 50 years ago.)

Kiss- Hotter Than Hell
(So yeah, a bunch of Kiss records in this collection I bought. "Hotter Than Hell" was the first one I purchased upon release. I always thought it was one of the worst sounding records in recorded history. Great songs, with a godawful mix. Not bothering me tonight. Sounding pretty damn good. "Got To Choose!" Also, triggered a memory of me singing "Mainline" in my bedroom and my mother bursting through the door screaming, "MAINLINE? IS THAT WHAT YOU ARE SINGING?" Oh...and both "Coming Home" and "Got To Choose" are superior on the "MTV Unplugged" set.)

Spirit- Twelve Dreams Of Dr. Sardonicus
(This one always delivers. I tend to forget about it. Then I hear "Nature's Way," "Animal Zoo," "Life Has Just Begun," and "Mr. Skin" and I want to listen again...right away.)




No comments:

4/29/24

Dadawah- Peace & Love Brian Eno- Before & After Science St. Vincent- All Born Screaming Pet Shop Boys- Nonetheless Alice Cooper- Wel...