Saturday, March 23, 2024

3/22/24

Pink Floyd- Masters Of Rock
(A "Boink!" candidate for sure. Excellent overview of the Syd years, with singles, deep cuts and b-sides. An all-time fave record.))

The Kinks- The Kink Kronikles
(Brilliant.)

The Beatles- Rubber Soul (U.K.MONO)
(Good band.)

Paul Weller- True Meanings
(This is another Weller record that left me cold upon release, but a revisit revealed a beautiful folk record, at times reminding me of Tim Hardin or Nick Drake. Really lovely.)

Chris & Rich Robinson- Brothers Of A Feather: Live At The Roxy
(Deep cuts, covers, rarities all in an acoustic setting. Saw this tour at Rose Hall and Town Hall, and this record is a great souvenir.)

Butthole Surfers- Locust Abortion Technician
(Hard to believe I loved this record in 1987. So did my friend Tim Vega. We were both high all the time, so that might have a lot to do with it. I'm sure I won't listen to this again. Though, I do want to hear a few more Butthole Surfers records to see if I feel the same about those.)


No comments:

4/29/24

Dadawah- Peace & Love Brian Eno- Before & After Science St. Vincent- All Born Screaming Pet Shop Boys- Nonetheless Alice Cooper- Wel...