Saturday, December 3, 2022

12/2/22

Lee "Scratch" Perry- Jamaican E.T.
Cheap Trick- S/T (1977)
Wire- Pink Flag
MC5- High Time
Todd Rundgren- Initiation (Japanese Edition, Side One)
Queen- A Night At The Opera (Abbey Road HSM)
Paul Weller- Illumination
Ultravox- Retro: Live E.P.

45s
Smokey Johnson- It Ain't My Fault Pt. 1
Chuck Berry- Club Nitty Gritty
Ray Charles- I Don't Need No Doctor
Gene Terry- Cindy Lou/Teardrops In My Eyes
Los Straitjackets- 2,000 Light Years From Home
The Mynah Birds- It's My Time/Go On And Cry



3 comments:

DaViDz said...

Just curious... is there any difference (beside superior sound) in musical content between the Japanese edition of Initiation and the US version?

Thanks

Sal Nunziato said...

DaVidZ,
No musical differences. It's the only Rundgren record that hasn't gotten an upgrade. MOV reissued all the solo records from Runt to Hermit, as well as Utopia records thru "Adventures." Friday Music covered others. But "Intiation" was curiously neglected. I just wanted an upgrade of my original US because it really needed it and the original Japanese does sound better.

DaViDz said...

Sal, Thank you for the quick response and info.
DaVidZ

5/2/24

The Lemon Twigs- What We Know (Their first, cassette-only release, which I had never heard until today. Fantastic. Trippy. Like Macca's ...