Sunday, September 12, 2021

9/11/21

Elvis Costello- Hey Clockface
Grateful Dead- Aoxomoxoa
Steven Bernstein's Millenial Territory Orchestra- Community Music Vol. 1: Tinctures In Time
The Kinks- Give The People What They Want
Yes- S/T
Sparks- Kimono My House
Return To Forever- Where Have I Known You Before
Yes- Time And A Word (German Edition)
The Fabulous Thunderbirds- T-Bird Rhythm
Dillard & Clark- The Fantastic Expedition Of...

45s
Brenda Holloway- Spellbound/My Baby Moves Me
Sly & The Family Stone- Hot Fun In The Summertime
Faces- Pool Hall Richard/I Wish It Would Rain (with a trumpet)
Slade- When The Lights Are Out
XTC- Making Plans For Nigel/This Is Pop/Meccanik Dancing
Roy Wood Wizzo Band- Dancin' At The Rainbow's End/Waiting At This Door

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A couple of months ago, on a long drive, I listened to Give the People What They Want, State of Confusion, and Word of Mouth all in a row. Lots of good songs on there, although some of the rockers start sounding alike. I played Word of Mouth a lot back in the 80s.

I didn't regret my selections.

Bill

Sal Nunziato said...

All of the Kinks Arista records have at least three or four Ray gems. There are probably more, but the production gets in the way and yeah, some of those rockers are interchangeable.

Dr Wu said...

Much gratitude for the Fab T-birds! Had never heard this album before. Nick Lowe does it again! Had previously only heard ‘Tuff Enuff’. Thanks for another new favorite.

5/6/24

Jennifer Lara- Weekend Loving (A recommendation from a reggae guy I follow on IG. I know Lara's first, but never heard this. Very nice. ...