Wednesday, September 11, 2019

9/11/19

Beach Boys- 20/20
Beach Boys- Today
Sonny Landreth- Way Down In Louisiana
(disappointing)
Magic Sam- Blues Masters Volume 3
Manfred Mann's Earth Band- Angel Station
(About 5 songs. Not bad. Dated production)
The Floor Models- Esprit de Floor
Fats Domino- This Is Fats Domino
Rolling Stones- Through The Past, Darkly
(U.K. MONO,  a desert island disc, I'm sure.)

iPod on Shuffle:
Invincible- Tool
Guilty Kilt- Aerosmith
Technicolor Lover- New Radicals
Get Back- The Beatles
Everything On Top- Chris Smither
(Great. Listen to more.)
Angel Of Death- Slayer
Great Fire- XTC
Wonder Of Wonders- Tim Christensen
Lonely Boy- Mike Viola
(Love Mike, but you can't beat Andrew Gold)
It's OK (Alt. Mix) -The Beach Boys
Let Your Heart Rule Your Head- Brian May
A Tout Le Monde- Megadeth
(Mustaine sounds like a dick singing in French. Great track, otherwise)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea for a blog, Sal. Reading stuff like this always inspires me to explore my own music collection and dig out albums I've neglected for a while.

Big Sonny Landreth fan here though I've never run across 'Louisiana'. I did read somewhere that the recording didn't sound that good. His next two, Outward Bound and South of I-10 are stellar.

Randy

Sal Nunziato said...

Randy,
I too love Sonny and didn't know about this record. His playing is great, but it's very pandering. One of my least favorite things about New Orleans music are the endless songs about gumbo and the constant mention of the city. A lot of that on this record.

stewrat said...

great idea - i'm wondering if I have the discipline to do the same????? cheers.

4/25/24

Tin Men- Live From The Jazz Fest Blues Tent, 2024 (A brilliant, hilarious and manic set, as usual.) Todd Rundgren- Second Wind (Not one of m...